Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Reflection on my Food is Medicine...Eating is Ritual Workshops/Retreats!


Food is Medicine...Eating is Ritual
My love affair with food stems from reverence for my body as a vehicle for conscious development.   The yogic path has strengthened my understanding of this and has enabled me to embody this truth to a finer and finer degree.  If I take care of my body, it will take care of me.  When I nourish optimally, feeding my body the best quality ingredients from the best sources and in a well balanced way, I feel my best in all aspects of my life mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually.

Think about it, every system in your body, the cardiovascular, neurological, respiratory, lymphatic, immune, endocrine, muscular, skeletal, digestive...are fighting to keep you healthy!!!!  These systems are fighting and working together to keep homeostasis, the level of balance for everything to run well and repair damage.  Every cell is fighting to absorb proper nutrients to maintain body functions and every cell is fighting to eliminate toxins/poisons that it cannot and should not use to rebuild your body. 

 Are you providing the appropriate fuel and raw material for every body system to function optimally?  This is the driving question.  For every disease, illness, & condition  can be linked to one of two things: 1) nutrient deficiency and/or  2) body toxicity.  

When you consider these two things, you come to the core wisdom of Ayurveda, the sister science of yoga.  This ancient wisdom tradition is simple "life knowledge!"  It is based on the fact that,  THE ROOT OF HEALTH and/or ILLNESS CAN BE FOUND IN THE GUT...    

  I am passionate about my workshop: FOOD IS MEDICINE...EATING IS RITUAL because it is driven by this wisdom.  It all boils down to what and how we eat and digest food!!!  I am even more passionate about helping others to change their relationship to food by emphasizing that what we eat and how we eat food, plays an essential role in how we consciously evolve as a species & as a planet.

  My work through yoga &  food, is a spiritual odyssey!  It is geared toward helping others achieve their highest potential in this form and in this lifetime.  This is what I offer you!   With earth or Gaia as our teacher,  this odyssey is rooted in the basic elements of life: earth, water, fire, air, and ether.  By the same token, it is rooted to the ancient wisdom within our cellular and neural memory, to the teachings that unfold through the intelligence of the heart.  The energetic intelligence that awakens from this powerful connection between our earth and our heart launches the odyssey to beautiful trajectories into the metaphysical... for such is our nature.  

Honoring our return to our human nature of supernormal ability to bring the highest caliber of living to this planet, I introduce some of my writing from a book I am writing called... 
  

 Book of Gaia:  
Our body of living knowledge 

By Prema Devii

 (so stay tuned to my blog for upcoming discourse/writings/reflections)

No comments:

Post a Comment